One of the most unpleasant aspects of Steam is when the game update becomes stuck at 100%, and many gamers are seeking for a solution. This is not a new issue, and it can be solved with a few solutions. Some of them will make it function immediately, while others will require you to download the game from the beginning. However, the solutions should help you get Steam and your games back up and running. So, without further ado, let’s look at how to solve it.
How to Fix Game Update Stuck at 100 percent in Steam
- Test your connection: You can check if your internet is at the fault here by doing a speed test.
- Refresh your connection: If your internet is at fault then pause the download and refresh your connection before resuming.
- Pause and Resume Download
- Completely restart Steam
- Clear the Download Cache: Launch Steam and go to Settings. Here choose the Downloads tab and the last button will be Clear Download Cache.
- Change download Region: You can do that by launching Steam and going to the Settings. Next, go to the Downloads tab and change the download region. Try changing it to some distant region before switching back to get the best results.
- Restart your PC
- Reinstall the game