The work continues on Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, as Digital Arts has unveiled the small print of the game’s fifth patch, which is ready to go stay on PC at this time. The patch guarantees to deal with one other large patch of issues, together with a handful of PC-specific points that can hopefully make for a smoother total expertise.
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor was not in a fantastic state when it rolled out in April. The underlying game is definitely fairly good, in response to our Star Wars Jedi: Survivor assessment, however it suffered from a large number of bugs and “unacceptable” efficiency issues. That manifested in a really ugly “largely unfavourable” person ranking on Steam, though the scenario has improved since then to “blended”—nonetheless not nice, however not less than not an utter disaster.
After making numerous pretty granular PC-specific modifications in patch 4—stuff like “up to date occlusion conduct” and improved “information dealing with when toggling raytracing”—the builders at Respawn are taking one other run at it. This is the record of PC stuff it is taking up in at this time’s patch:
- Improved content material caching to scale back hitching.
- Improved thread dealing with when raytracing is turned off.
- Repair for a problem where decreasing the PC visible settings would incorrectly decrease your decision scale if FSR is disabled. (Be aware: in case you beforehand disabled FSR and are enjoying on a decrease visible high quality, it’s possible you’ll need to readjust your high quality settings.)
- Repair for a reset button not responding on PC when utilizing each controller and keyboard.
That’ll hopefully present an excellent bump to PC efficiency, which Steam evaluations point out remains to be wanted, regardless of the turnaround within the total response. Even optimistic evaluations on Steam say Jedi: Survivor continues to undergo from stuttering and poor framerates, even on highly effective PCs.
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor patch 5 is ready to go stay on PC later at this time, and can observe on consoles “later.” The total patch notes are beneath:
- (PC solely) Improved content material caching to scale back hitching.
- (PC solely) Improved thread dealing with when raytracing is turned off.
- (PC solely) Repair for a problem where decreasing the PC visible settings would incorrectly decrease your decision scale if FSR is disabled. (Be aware: in case you beforehand disabled FSR and are enjoying on a decrease visible high quality, it’s possible you’ll need to readjust your high quality settings.)
- (PC solely) Repair for a reset button not responding on PC when utilizing each controller and keyboard.
- Numerous efficiency fixes.
- Stability enhancements.
- Extra sturdy detection of pre-order and deluxe content material in-game, stopping gamers from solely randomly getting access to the content material.
- Numerous collision and navigation enhancements to stop points where characters get caught out of bounds.
- Mounted a problem where Drya Thornne would develop into invincible.
- Music-related fixes
- Mounted a problem where Bode wouldn’t seize the senator throughout some New Game+ playthroughs.
- Repair for a bug where the Skriton wouldn’t seem appropriately.
- Repair for Dagan not showing appropriately in a cinematic.
- Mounted some uncommon cases of gamers being unable to progress additional within the game even after reloading.
- Repair for a bug where the Gorocco would disappear mid-combat.
- Repair for a problem where Cal would get caught in a selected Blaster state if dying whereas in it.
- Repair for a bug where BD-1 wouldn’t be capable of open a door.
- Repair for void tear interactions not working appropriately.
- Repair for attempting to load corrupt save video games generally leaving you in the principle menu. It’s going to now appropriately try and load your backup save.
- Improved UX for Koboh matter turrets that gamers had been beforehand unable to exit out of.
- Repair for the Rancor and the Wampa not appropriately leaving Cal’s XP behind when he respawns.
- Repair for a bug where the Expertise menu would not appropriately shut.
- Improved sync for sound throughout one of many cinematics.
- Repair for the surroundings not loading appropriately on Koboh after Cal respawns.