Microsoft has launched Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25174 to Windows Insiders signed up with the Dev Channel. Today’s construct begins testing the brand new Game Pass Widget with Insiders, giving entry to a whole bunch of video games for PC. It additionally brings plenty of fixes and enhancements to the Dev Channel Insiders.
The Windows growth staff additionally launched new builds for these within the Beta Channel final night time. Check out our earlier protection for fixes delivered by means of that update.
Introducing the brand new Game Pass Widget
PC Game Pass and Windows are a unbelievable mixture for gaming; with PC Game Pass, you will have entry to a whole bunch of high-quality video games in your PC. For the previous couple of months, we’ve been working with our associates on the Xbox staff to make Windows and PC Game Pass a good higher mixture; at the moment we’re asserting one thing new for gaming and our widgets expertise: the Game Pass widget preview.
This widget is a window to the in depth PC Game Pass library – it can show the most recent additions, video games leaving quickly, and others from highlighted classes after which take you to the Xbox app where you may set up them, see evaluations, and go all in.
We’re nonetheless onerous at work on some thrilling performance coming quickly that can allow you to sign-into your Xbox profile and simply leap again into just lately performed video games in addition to see personalised suggestions of video games we consider you’ll love.
The Game Pass widget preview is accessible within the widgets board alongside different widgets that deliver climate, sports activities, and different nice content material nearer to you. The widgets board is proven by clicking the left nook of your taskbar or by pressing Win + W. To pin the Game Pass widget, choose the ‘+’ button within the prime right nook of the widgets board.
Here is get began:
- Open the widgets board.
- Click on the + icon subsequent to your consumer profile.
- Click on the + icon apart from the Game Pass
- Close the Widget settings window.
- The Game Pass widget ought to now seem in your widgets board.
We are trying ahead to getting suggestions on the Game Pass widget from Windows Insiders who’re PC avid gamers. Tell us what you’d like to see within the widget, or should you see something that’s unusual or sudden on the widget itself or on the widgets expertise.
Build 25174: Changes and Improvements
- Middle clicking a folder within the navigation pane of File Explorer will now open it in a brand new tab, like clicking a folder within the physique of File Explorer already does. Please be aware that this requires tabbed File Explorer, which hasn’t rolled out to everybody within the Dev Channel but.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25174: Fixes
- Fixed a problem which may trigger explorer.exe to crash when opening new File Explorer home windows.
- Fixed a problem where launching File Explorer in sure methods when utilizing darkish mode (for instance, from the command line) was exhibiting the physique of File Explorer unexpectedly in mild mode.
- Fixed a problem where the left/right arrows in File Explorer have been in mild mode while you have been utilizing darkish mode, inflicting them to not have sufficient distinction to indicate once they have been enabled.
- Fixed a problem where the dividers within the navigation pane have been overlapping / drawing too near textual content typically.
- Fixed a problem where should you drag and drop a folder into the navigation pane was typically unexpectedly placing the folder on the backside of the listing moderately than where you’d dropped it.
- Fixed a problem inflicting UI points in File Explorer when utilizing F11 to place File Explorer in full display mode.
- Fixed a problem main to varied system tray parts being unexpectedly lacking for some Insiders on the earlier construct.
- Fixed a crash on some PCs have been experiencing when going to System > Storage > Disks & Volumes.
- Fixed a problem which was resulting in mouse and keyboard enter not working appropriately in sure video games within the final 2 flights.
- Fixed a problem believed to be resulting in SQL Server Management Studio failing to launch for some Insiders.
- Fixed a problem where Memory Integrity in Windows Security would possibly show a warning saying it couldn’t be enabled as a result of incompatible drivers, however the incompatible drivers listing could be clean.
- Fixed a problem which was inflicting some apps to unexpectedly not launch in the previous couple of flights when core isolation was enabled in Windows Security.
NOTE: Some fixes famous right here in Insider Preview builds from the Dev Channel could make their manner into the servicing updates for the launched model of Windows 11.
Build 25174: Known points
- Some video games that use Easy Anti-Cheat could crash or trigger your PC to bugcheck.
- [NEW] We’re trying into reviews that audio stopped working for some Insiders after upgrading to the final flight.
- [NEW] We’re engaged on a repair for a problem resulting in some Insiders experiencing a lower in FPS when enjoying sure video games in current flights because of the improper graphics card getting used.
- [NEW] We’re investigating reviews of some totally different apps having began crashing in current builds.
- The left-half of the File Explorer title bar is probably not draggable through mouse or contact.
- The up arrow is misaligned in File Explorer tabs. This will probably be fastened in a future update.
- [NEW] We’re engaged on a repair for a problem inflicting Home, Documents, Pictures and doubtlessly different folders to turn into unexpectedly duplicated in File Explorer’s navigation pane or seem on the desktop.
- [NEW] We’re engaged on a repair for a problem where the search field background in File Explorer may be the other shade of your present mode.
- [NEW] We’re engaged on a repair for a problem inflicting the delete key to unexpectedly not work on recordsdata in File Explorer. If you encounter this, you must nonetheless be capable to use the context menu to delete.
- Notification badge quantity could seem misaligned on the taskbar.
- In some circumstances, the notification banner for some badging is not going to seem within the widgets board.
- We’re engaged on the repair for a problem inflicting Widgets preferences (temperature items and pinned widgets) to unexpectedly get reset to default.
- [NEW] We’re engaged on a repair for a problem inflicting hangs and crashes when attempting to print from sure apps (like Excel) within the final flight.
- [NEW] We’re investigating reviews in current Dev Channel flights traces aren’t included when printing tables from sure apps.
For extra particulars, head over to the official weblog submit.