Star Wars Jedi: Survivor launched in an sad state. So sad, the truth is, that its consumer overview ranking on Steam quickly hit “largely unfavourable” (though it is improved to “combined” since then) and EA needed to come out and promise fixes for its situation. It is a disgrace, for the reason that game beneath all that technical mess is definitely fairly good. At present, Respawn detailed its upcoming fourth patch, which is ready to hit PC “as quickly as potential this week,” with various PC-only fixes.
The adjustments all look fairly granular to me, though any enchancment is welcome, and EA is fast to emphasize that extra work stays to be completed. Nonetheless, you may stay up for ray tracing fixes, much less hitching, improved non-ray tracing efficiency, and a few tweaks to alleviate visible errors and bugs.
Specifically, EA is promising “up to date occlusion habits” for ray tracing that ought to cut back idle time stalls, “up to date streaming budgets” that may deal with traversal hitching, the impressively imprecise “efficiency enhancements for some VFX,” and higher “information dealing with when toggling raytracing,” which ought to increase your non-ray traced efficiency a bit.
These are simply the PC-exclusive fixes, and I’ve included the total patch notes under. EA needs you to know that it is conscious there’s work that also must be completed, although. The corporate particularly mentions three PC-specific fixes that may have to be carried out in some completely different, future patch, that are:
- Enhancing efficiency on newer i7 and i9 CPUs which have effectivity cores.
- Basic efficiency enhancements to enhance each CPU and GPU utilization whereas lowering idle time, each with and with out ray tracing.
- Enhancing some hitching which might be attributed to streaming raytracing information, belongings, and a spot in our prebuilt shaders.
EA additionally says that “varied bug fixes” stay to be completed on all platforms, which is each correct and never enormously useful. We’ll have to attend and see what sort of a distinction patch 4 makes to Jedi: Survivor’s efficiency when it releases later this week. Listed here are these patch notes in full:
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor patch 4 particulars
- (PC solely) Up to date occlusion habits for raytracing, lowering idle time stalls.
- (PC solely) Up to date streaming budgets that may assist alleviate traversal hitching.
- (PC solely) Efficiency enhancements for some VFX.
- Coming quickly to console
- (PC solely) Up to date information dealing with when toggling raytracing, enhancing non-raytraced efficiency.
- (PS5 solely) Fastened an HDR worth mismatch that will trigger HDR setups to show incorrectly for PS5 customers.
- Fastened varied save state errors.
- Fastened a streaming situation that causes some streaming situations to finish on a black display.
- Fastened a difficulty where one of many vents didn’t correctly activate in Stone Spires.
- Audio repair for a story second where music was behaving incorrectly.
- Fastened lightsaber marks not displaying accurately in some situations.
- Fastened a state of affairs where the participant might enter a development blocked state within the Lucrehulk.
- Fastened an elevator to stop the participant from falling via it and getting into a development blocked state.
- Fastened a bug where Rayvis would grow to be unbeatable.
- Fastened a extreme animation situation that will break a late game narrative sequence.
- Fastened a collision bug where gamers can get caught inside a Meditation Chamber.
- Added a be aware explaining that a few of BD-1’s talents are usually not accessible whereas in fight.
- Improved textual content scrolling.
- Minor textual content translation fixes.
- Numerous crash fixes.