Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Kawhi Leonard, Luka Doncic, Jayson Tatum. There’s arguably no position in NBA 2K23 with more depth than the small forward. What this means is that you need to find your own SF that can match up both offensively and defensively against the best MyTeam has to offer.
In this guide, we will explore the top 5 best small forward in NBA 2K23 MyTeam.
There’s no question that adding the most talented small forwards to your MyTeam is a surefire way to get additional offensive and defensive support. However, these are also typically the most difficult cards to acquire in NBA 2K23. The truth is that not everybody can afford a quality SF, which is why we’ve constructed the following list to help give you an idea of who to target.
Related: NBA 2K23 – Top 5 Best Shooting Guards in MyTeam
The following list ranks the best small forwards in NBA 2K23 MyTeam from most difficult to easiest to get. Which will help to determine how quickly you can obtain these cards, and implement them into your starting lineup.
- Pink Diamond Brandon Ingram – Pink Diamond cards are the rarest breed in NBA 2K23, and no list of best MyTeam cards would be complete without at least one. With Brandon Ingram’s Pink Diamond card, it showcases his elite scoring potential with a 96 OVR and a 98 Offense. Although, he also has an impressive 90 Three-point Shot, 92 Driving Layup, 92 Draw Foul, 94 Stamina, 92 Shot Close, 95 Shot Mid, and 98 Hands. His shooting range is remarkable and he also has 10 Hall-of-Fame badges, including Slithery, Amped, Deadeye, and Volume Shooter.
- Takeover Rewards Lamar Odom – Lamar Odom could be used as a power forward, but his stats in NBA 2K23 MyTeam are too good to pass up at the small forward position. With a 94 Offense, 89 Close Shot, 89 Driving Layup, 89 Draw Foul, 90 Shot IQ and 98 Hands, he’s easily one of the most exciting forwards in the game. He’s also 6’10”, which offers quite the advantage against most of your opponents in this department.
- Scottie Barnes (Base) – Coming off winning the NBA’s Rookie of the Year award, Scottie Barnes is already one of the best players in NBA 2K23 MyTeam. In fact, outside of any Pink Diamond cards, I would argue Barnes offers the most value at the small forward position. He has an 89 Offense, a 90 Defense, and a 7’2″ wingspan. He also boasts a strong 85 Draw Foul, 88 Shot Close, 88 Driving Layup, and 95 Offensive Consistency. Simply put, he’s an absolute beast on the court, with incredible offensive and defensive stats. It doesn’t hurt either that Barnes has some of the highest passing attributes in NBA 2K23.
- Grant Hill (Base) – Grant Hill’s base card is another fantastic option at the small forward position. While he falls behind with his three-point rating (73), he more than makes up for it with his excellent driving layup (88) and driving dunk ability (90). He also carries a tremendous 88 Help-Defense IQ, 88 Lateral Quickness, and 88 Perimeter Defense. Not only does he offer fantastic defensive support in NBA 2K23 MyTeam, but he also carries three silver finishing badges with Bully, Fearless Finisher, and Posterizer. Making him a game-changer on both ends of the court.
- Xavier McDaniel (Base) – Last but certainly not least we have Xavier McDaniel. Who too carries a strong 89 Offense and 89 Defense along with some impressive additional ratings. Including an 85 Driving Layup, 85 Driving Dunk, 84 Post Moves, 99 Shot IQ, and 99 Hands. McDaniel is incredibly fast and an excellent finisher in the paint. While he’s not quite as efficient a shooter from long-range, he also has a 7’0″ wingspan and can knock down anything within 15 feet of the basket.
That’s everything you need to know about the top 5 best small forwards in NBA 2K23 MyTeam. If you’re interested in more NBA 2K23 content, be sure to check out our guides section here at Gamer Journalist. Where you can find loads of helpful information such as how to get your MyPlayer in MyTeam or how to set realistic game sliders in NBA 2K23.