I’ve totally too many video games, and so they’re all unfold out between like, 4 completely different game libraries. Since I do most of my gaming on Steam, it may be simple to neglect I’ve a bunch of video games languishing elsewhere. That’s why I exploit GOG Galaxy to consolidate my libraries and hold all of my put in video games entrance and middle. You can do the identical, and pretty simply at that! If you need to know how one can mix all game launchers, then right here’s how one can arrange game libraries with GOG Galaxy.
GOG Galaxy, as you’ve little question gathered, is the proprietary game launcher utilized by the PC gaming platform GOG. Indeed, its main objective is to behave as a library and shortcut for purchasing and managing video games particularly bought from GOG. However, as a result of GOG prides itself on its open-source nature, Galaxy additionally options the flexibility to combine your libraries from different game launchers. You’re not moving the video games over, simply preserving all of them seen in a single spot so that you don’t neglect about something you will have put in.
Before you are able to do this, you’ll have to have a GOG account and download the GOG Galaxy installer. Make certain you will have your login credentials useful for all your launchers, too, as you’ll want them for integration.
Once you’ve obtained Galaxy put in and arrange, right here’s what it’s essential do to combine your libraries:
- Click the little gear image within the top-left of the display to open the settings drop-down. Under “Add games & friends,” click on “Connect Gaming accounts.”
- You’ll get a settings menu with an inventory of various launchers. Technically, Galaxy solely has official help for the Epic Games Store and Xbox Live, however there are additionally community-made integrations for issues like Steam, Origin, and Ubisoft Connect that every one work simply as properly. If you don’t see your platform of alternative, use the little search bar to see if there are any integrations for it within the database.
- To join an account, simply click on the large “Connect” button subsequent to your launcher of alternative. You’ll get a immediate to log in with that launcher’s specific credentials. You might have to get a safety code out of your telephone or e mail, so hold these useful as properly.
- When you’re signed into the opposite launcher on Galaxy, it’ll routinely begin populating your library with the entire video games you will have on that different launcher. Again, Galaxy doesn’t have official listings for each game on each different platform, however due to neighborhood enter, there ought to nonetheless be listings for nearly each game on the market, even some fan video games!
- Repeat this course of with each launcher you will have, and your library will likely be utterly populated with each game from all of them. Don’t fear, it’ll arrange all of them into separate sections for every launcher, in addition to a piece for stuff you at present have put in. If you wanna launch a game, simply double click on on its icon within the library, and also you’re off.
There are some things to bear in mind with this course of. Firstly, you have to to have the opposite launchers and the video games put in in your pc. Galaxy can ship the sign to launch a game, nevertheless it’ll nonetheless have to open an occasion of the opposite launcher to take action. You can set it as much as routinely shut that occasion whenever you give up the game, although.
Related: All Steam Deck Verified Games
Secondly, when you get new video games on any of your different launchers, you’ll have to resync your integrations on Galaxy. Just click on that gear for the drop-down and click on “Sync integrations” to get the whole lot in control. If you will have your individual classes on Steam or elsewhere, you can even sync your metadata to Galaxy so it maintains the tags. Just go to the “Features” part of that very same settings menu to import the metadata. Just keep in mind that this may overwrite any tags you’ve already arrange in Galaxy, so that you would possibly wanna do this first.
Finally, in case you have another video games that aren’t saved on a launcher, like a standalone executable from a disc or a download, you’ll be able to add it to your library by itself with the “Add game manually” choice within the settings drop-down. If there’s a list for it in GOG’s database, official or community-made, you’ll be able to declare it to your library.