The unique Metal Gear Solid isn’t significantly fitted to a VR conversion, in comparison with its sequel, because of the bizarre implementation of first-person view within the Integral launch, however that is apparently not sufficient to cease some builders from making an attempt.
A brand new video shared on YouTube by Cycu1 showcases an MGS VR fan venture in improvement by Holydh. While the venture continues to be a piece in progress, and lots of issues do not work as they need to but, it undoubtedly seems to be spectacular.
The Metal Gear Solid VR Boneworks mod could be downloaded from Nexus Mods. An overview of the mod’s options could be discovered beneath:
– Elevator absolutely useful like an IRL one with physic buttons
– cameras and spotlights recognizing the participant and triggering NPCs aggro
– customized npcs (Kinda dumb for now, I’ll tweak them as a lot as I can sooner or later)
– all automated doorways useful
– lasers and gaz entice useful
– roamable vents
– unique SFX (most of them come from ps1 model, the others come from the PC model. Since the PC port is kinda dangerous I needed to resample and tweak these sfx so the white noise is not noticeable)
– unique musics with correct transitions in keeping with the participant’s location
– unique NPCs voicelines (Only french for now however will do the english model quickly)
Metal Gear Solid is now accessible on PC through GOG. Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3 will quickly return to digital storefronts, as confirmed by Konami final month:
We are at the moment engaged on renewing the licenses for choose historic archive footage used in-game, subsequently, we have now made the short-term choice to start suspending the sale of MGS 2, MGS 3 and all merchandise that embrace these video games from digital storefronts globally ranging from November eighth, 2021.