The well-received horror game Phasmophobia shines most when viewed through a VR headset. And, with the Oculus Quest 2 being one of the most popular gadgets in recent years, many gamers are curious about how to accomplish this. So today we’ll show you how to download and play Phasmophobia VR on Oculus Quest 2 via Steam.
Is Phasmophobia on Oculus Quest 2?
Phasmophobia is presently unavailable in the Oculus Store, and the only option to play it on Quest 2 is through Link & Virtual Desktop, which uses your Steam library. The first action plan, according to the 2022 Roadmap provided by the developers on Twitter, is to bring the OpenXR interaction system to the game. This should offer up additional opportunities for fans to get the game straight on Oculus. However, no additional information has been released.
How To Get Phasmophobia On Oculus Quest 2
To obtain Phasmophobia on Oculus Quest 2, utilise Link or Virtual Desktop via Steam VR. This implies you’ll need a PC having the game pre-installed on Steam. Then you can use Steam VR to connect to your Oculus Quest 2 and play the game using one of your chosen methods.
The game works smoothly without any screen tearing in both methods. If you are having any lag then you have to reduce the bitrate or upgrade your WiFi network for the link to work better. Let’s look in detail at how to get the game running right away on your headset.
Can You Play Phasmophobia on Oculus Quest 2 with PC (Wired)?
Yes, you can play Phasmophobia on Oculus Quest 2 with PC wired connection. Here’s how:
- Start the Oculus app on your desktop
- Connect the USB-C cable from your headset to your PC
- Now you will get a prompt asking ‘Allow access to data’
- Click on the “Allow” button
- Now a new prompt will ask you to ‘Enable Oculus Link (Beta)’
- Click on the “Enable” button
- Now your Oculus Link will start working
- Start the Phasmophobia in Steam
- Enjoy the game
If ‘Enable Oculus Link (Beta)’ is not prompted for you, then disconnect and reconnect the cable. Also, your headset needs to turn on when connecting to your PC, for the prompts to appear.
How to Get & Play Phasmophobia VR on Oculus Quest 2 (Wireless)
Here’s how to get & play Phasmophobia VR on Oculus Quest 2 wireless with Steam:
- First, be sure your GPU is Currently Supported
- Make positive to remain as near your router as potential
- First download “SteamVR“ to your Steam desktop client
- Then download & open the Oculus PC app
- Click on the “Settings” button
- Then click on on the “General” tab
- Scroll down and test in case you are on the most recent model
- If it’s v37, then be sure your headset can also be on the identical model
- Now in addition to the “General” tab, click on on “Beta”
- Enable the “Air Link”
- Now put on your headset
- Press on the Oculus button on the appropriate controller
- You will see the ‘Universal menu’ now
- Click on the left facet clock
- Now open the panel in “Quick Settings”
- Click on “Settings”
- Open “Experimental”
- Enable “Air Link” utilizing the toggle
- Click on ‘Continue’
- Now ‘Air Link’ might be accessible in ‘Quick Settings’
- Click on it
- Find your PC on the ‘Available’ checklist
- Click on ‘Pair’
- A pairing code show in your headset
- Take off your headset and test your PC
- Now be sure the identical pairing code is proven in your PC app
- If they’re the identical, click on on “Confirm” within the app
- Now put on your headset once more and click on on “Launch”
- Start SteamVR in your PC
- Then begin Phasmophobia
- Enjoy the game in your Oculus Quest 2 headset
Next time you put on the headset, the game will show up in your Oculus library