Have you encountered “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare” error code 65538, which seems to fail? This is an authoritative guide that explains why problems occur and problems that can be easily solved. Since gaming has become a major entertainment medium, there have been some games that have set industry standards. Activision’s “Call of Duty” series set one of the standards to create a vivid and lifelike FPS (first-person shooter) gaming experience.
The newest member of the series is “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare”, which is available on Xbox One, Microsoft Windows and PlayStation 4. Although the critically acclaimed game has received positive reviews online, the multiplayer community has reported some issues, one of which is the COD Modern Warfare error code 65538.
What does the Warzone error code 65538 mean?
Some of the most common connectivity issues that could lead to the error code 65538 to show up during the gameplay are as follows:
- Unstable internet connection.
- The device set up on an incorrect time zone or region.
- Latest updates of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare isn’t installed.
- General maintenance issues with the Activision game servers.
How to fix Warzone error code 65538
Check the internet connection
Although this seems easy, a sudden disconnection from the internet can cause a crash and return an error. The easiest way to solve this problem is to make sure that the computer or game console is connected to the Internet.
Set the correct region on the device:
- Turn on and sign in to your Xbox One console.
- Press the Xbox icon and head over to the Settings
- Navigate to All Setting – System – Language & location
- Select your region from the list and then Restart button to reboot the console.
On PlayStation and Microsoft Windows, if you have already created an account, you cannot change the region. If you have been using a VPN service on a game console or configured on a wireless router, this may be the direct cause behind the 65538 Modern Warfare error code.