Humankind players have been experiencing Crashes recently and need a solution. Follow this guide to troubleshoot and end your frustration. The following steps will ensure that you can play Humankind smoothly.
- Update your Graphic Card Drivers
- Make sure your windows is up to date with latest patches.
- Uninstall Softwares like- Razer Chroma, Sonic Suite, Sonic Sound 2, Synapse, Nahimic to remove any crashes.
- Provide admin access to Humankind game. You can locate the game by going into the installed location of game in Steam Library.
- Ensure the Game’s File Integrity is Verified. Go to your Store page and find the “Verify Integrity” option in the Humankind game.
If the game is still not fixed try this:
Update System Files and Runtime Components:
Update your DotNet system files:
- Go to “\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\DotNet\4.5.2” folder on your PC
- Execute “NDP452-KB2901907-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe” file and restart after it.
Update your VCRedist files:
- Go to “\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\vcredist” folder
- Execute the following files in this order:
- Restart your PC after it.
Update your DirectX drivers:
- Go to “\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\DirectX” folder
- Execute “dxsetup.exe” file and restart after it.
Change Launch Options in game:
- Go to Library in Steam
- Select properties in the Humankind game.
- Now select “General” and then “Launch Options”.
- Type in the following value into the box: -force-vulkan and restart.