Want to know how to fix the ‘fetching online profile’ error in Warzone? There are very few things as annoying as having your game freeze for errors such as the one we just mentioned. One minute you think your match is loading, and next thing you know, an error message. Well, we do have a fix, or three to help you out. Some of these may work, some of these may slightly annoy you. But either way, these fixes can really help.
And we have quite a few of them, so don’t get discouraged if one or two don’t work for you. The others just might.
Related: Is Rumbleverse Crossplay?
Fix The Fetching Online Profile Error in Warzone
Change DNS Settings
Although this method has managed to fix the Warzone Stuck on Fetching Online Profile error in COD, it might alter your settings. It requires a basic technical know-how and should only be tried if you know how to go back to previous settings. Additionally, it might fix the error but it will change the network settings of your
PC. If you feel confident and want to go ahead with this, here’s what you need to do:
- Open Settings from Start Menu and Click on Network and Internet.
- While in the new window, under Advanced Network Settings click on Change Adapter Options.
- Double Click on your internet connection type (Usually Ethernet for PCs) and select Properties.
- As soon as the new window pops up, double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses option.
- In the preferred DNS field, use 184.108.40.206, and in the alternate DNS field use 220.127.116.11.
- Tick the Validate Settings upon exit option and save changes before you exit.
Yes, it’s a slog, but it can really help if you keep getting the error over and over again.
Check Server Status
Yeah, it’s simple, but it still works. What might seem complicated becomes relatively simple when you realize the problem might be outside of the gamer servers. If your servers are crappy or under heavy use at prime hours, that could also cause that and other errors to appear or hinder gameplay.
And warning shot: if you thought that was insultingly simple, do not read the next one.
The Good Old “Restart”
Just like restarting your modem or router, turning off your preferred gaming device — console or PC — could also help fix the Fetching Online Profile error in COD Warzone. There might be any obstructive applications or in-game errors running in the background, and restarting your system should refresh the whole thing.
Make no mistakes, we can understand how annoying the whole ‘restart your device’ thing can be. It almost feels like a write-off when we all want a more solid, quicker fix. But you need to understand, that is directly from the developer.
This is another fix that could be simpler than you think. Check and properly update your Battle.net pass, folks!
- From the Taskbar, search for Add or Remove Programs.
- While in the new window, navigate to Battle.net and uninstall it.
- Next, you need to download and install the updated version of Battle.net.
- Follow the link to the official site and install the new version.
- Once you Log in to your account, check if the error is fixed now.
It may seem like a lot of steps, but it isn’t. And if it helps, it’s worth the ten minutes it takes to do it.
But between that and the other few options, we hope one of these helps those of you getting stuck in Warzone because of “errors.” If or when there ends up being a faster, more convenient manner, we will update this and all following pieces accordingly.
And hey, it may be frustrating, but at least most of these may help you (war)zone in on the problem. #BadPuns