The option to play multiplayer with and against other players is one of Elden Ring’s strongest features. You may wish to share and gift weapons or things to your pals while playing. This tutorial will teach you how to drop and trade things in Elden Ring, as well as the game’s limits.
How to Drop Weapons & Items for Other Players in Elden Ring
- When playing the game online with a friend, pause the game by pressing ESC.
- Click on Inventory.
- Select the weapon (or an item) that you would like to give to them.
- Then, choose the LEAVE option to drop the weapon/item on the ground.
- Remember to avoid selecting “Discard selected” because that is precisely what it will do. It will destroy the item you have and you will lose it completely.
- Once you have clicked on Leave, select YES on the next pop-up.
- All your friend has to do is pick up the weapon from the ground and equip it to their character. Easy peasy.
Check if the weapon level matches or is lower than theirs. If you try to trade a weapon of a greater level than your friend’s highest level weapon, you will be unable to do so. Players must strive toward improving weapons rather than just obtaining them from a friend who has a collection. The other player will be able to view the drop if it meets the prerequisites. Otherwise, it will be indistinguishable.
You can only place a maximum of eight things on the ground. When you drop the ninth object, the first one you dropped will vanish. Keep in mind that you may not always receive a notification about this. So, to trade, count and dump weapons or stuff in Elden Ring. In exchange, your buddy may send you other equipment as long as it adheres to the developers’ limits and requirements.
What are the Items that can be Gifted or Traded in Elden Ring?
Weapons, Armor, Consumable runes, Ashes of War, Talismans, Consumable items, and Crafting Materials can be traded between players. It should be noted that if an invader enters your planet and you drop stuff, they can pick them up from the host. You can protect yourself against invasion by using a password during multiplayer gaming sessions. Taunter’s Tongue will entice intruders even if no Furled Finger cooperators are present, so avoid employing it when dealing.
Which Equipment cannot be Shared or Traded in Elden Ring?
Keys, Larval Tear, Remembrances, Flasks, Great Runes, Golden Seeds, Upgrade materials, Spells, and other quest items cannot be traded. Trading should not disrupt the balance or planned progression of the game for both old and new players, therefore this is a smart approach to keep it that way.