Follower Dungeons are a brand new addition that arrived with patch 10.2.5 in World of Warcraft. These are primarily Dragonflight dungeons where any open spots in your get together are crammed by NPCs. They’re a specific godsend for DPS gamers who don’t have a full group and don’t wish to await the (inevitably lengthy) dungeon queue in On the lookout for Group.
This new dungeon software can be helpful should you’re unfamiliar with a dungeon and wish to familiarize yourself with it earlier than hopping in with different gamers. With that in thoughts, right here’s every little thing it’s good to learn about World of Warcraft Follower Dungeons.
Are WoW Follower Dungeons value doing?
Follower Dungeons are presently restricted to Dragonflight, in order that they’re principally good for getting damage-dealing characters from 60-70 should you don’t wish to quest within the exterior world. Questing or operating dungeons with teams of gamers (both pre-made or as a tank/healer, with their shorter queues) are extra environment friendly technique of leveling.
Follower Dungeons are chill, nonetheless, and make a pleasing addition to the game when you may have a couple of minutes to kill. They symbolize one solution to get an alt character expertise, decide up a couple of additional items on a brand new max-level character, full a quest that requires a dungeon run, or farm for that glyph or merchandise that drops off that one boss.
One different bonus to contemplate: You’ll by no means have to fret a few too-fast or too-toxic group once more—though your followers will stop your get together should you die! Don’t fear, they’ll show up once more after you launch.
The best way to begin a WoW Follower Dungeon and what they reward
You possibly can queue for Follower Dungeons as you’d every other Dragonflight dungeon. Open the On the lookout for Group software and choose Follower Dungeons from the drop-down record within the higher right nook. You’ll be offered with the record of Dragonflight dungeons, minus Daybreak of the Infinites, and may test as many as you want.
These are Regular-difficulty Dragonflight dungeons, and you’ll queue with one to 4 different gamers in your get together. Presently, Follower Dungeons require stage 60 and a 180 merchandise stage to queue, although which will change within the subsequent growth when Dragonflight turns into the default leveling expertise.
The gear that drops from them is the standard Regular dungeon leveling gear, which will get higher as you get higher-level, maxing out at Explorer loot at stage 70. At 3/8 on that improve monitor, that’s 421 merchandise stage—so that is another solution to get an alt a chunk or two of drugs in the event that they’re behind.
Sadly, you’ll be able to’t simply run Follower Dungeons endlessly as you might be restricted to 10 a day. When you’re leveling and use a full get together of NPC companions, you’ll get about 80 % of the XP you’d in a pickup group of gamers.
Your new roster of NPC buddies consists of acquainted faces
While you queue up (alone or with buddies), the game will populate the remainder of the group with no matter you’re lacking—a tank, healer, or one other injury supplier or two. When you’ve executed the Exile’s Attain beginning expertise for brand spanking new gamers, you would possibly acknowledge a few of the names—these characters are NPCs you noticed throughout that have, together with the ultimate dungeon on the finish.
- Captain Garrick, the safety paladin tank that led your story as Alliance, is the tank character. She’s a whiz at grabbing mobs’ consideration, even should you pulled them first. She’ll additionally flip them so that you just’re on the monsters’ backs, which supplies you a solution to roughly place her if wanted. She received’t pull additional packs within the dungeons should you don’t, and can really keep away from enemies in some circumstances.
- Meredy Huntswell is a fireplace mage you met through the Alliance Exile’s Attain marketing campaign, and she or he’ll drop a refreshment desk at first of the dungeon so that you’ll have meals and water.
- When you’re a mage, you’ll get Shuja Grimaxe, an enhancement shaman, as a substitute. When you’re a category that may cast Heroism/Bloodlust, you received’t have to fret about it right here—these guys are at all times going to cast it sooner or later. That’s excellent news should you’re a hunter hoping to make use of a defensive pet as a substitute.
- Crenna Earth-Daughter is your healer, a restoration druid.
- Austin Huxworth, a beast mastery hunter, is the opposite injury supplier. Once more, Shuja will sub for him if you have already got a hunter in your group.
Your NPCs can assist you be taught dungeon mechanics
While you begin the dungeon, you’ll be given a brand new capability which you can put in your bar: Dungeon Help. Toggle it on and also you’ll successfully put the NPCs in management. They’ll pull enemies (so long as you’re close by), provide you with directions about dungeon mechanics, and principally act like a tutorial group. Toggle it off they usually’ll wait so that you can take the lead, however will carry out their help capabilities effectively.
The NPC AI is surprisingly good and has clearly been programmed for the particular mechanics of those dungeons. They swap to targets that should be downed rapidly, dispel your debuffs, react to mechanics, and principally act like a better-than-average leveling pickup group.
With that mentioned, interrupts aren’t at all times their forte, so should you’re a long-cooldown interrupt class like a stability druid chances are you’ll discover that issues often go off, however heals are robust and Regular-difficulty dungeons are forgiving, so it’s a fairly easy experience.
The pulling tempo of the NPCs is easy, however should you’re in a rush, you’ll be able to velocity issues up a bit by “unintentionally” pulling the subsequent pack your self—Garrick is fairly good about taking menace again. Nonetheless, should you pull an excessive amount of or repeatedly stand in unhealthy issues, you’ll die.