Screenshot by Gamepur
In the few months that it’s been out, Horizon Forbidden West has obtained loads of patches from developer Guerrilla Games. The newest one is right here, and whereas it fixes extra quests and bugs, it’s nonetheless contending with some visible points.
As detailed on Reddit, update 1.13 fixes just a few most important quests, together with Reach for the Stars and Death’s Door. If you encountered points making an attempt to finish these, you should be clear now. A sampling of facet quests and world actions additionally bought comparable fixes. Beyond these, the update improves efficiency, the UI, and the person expertise.
While update 1.13 fixes many issues, it additionally factors out recognized points that Guerrilla continues to be engaged on. First, is the visible shimmering downside, which has plagued the game for just a few updates now. In a separate visible hiccup, “dark shadows” are showing on some outfits in Aloy’s stock. Lastly, there are some quest bugs not fastened on this specific patch. Those can be addressed in future updates, however for now, you possibly can try the complete patch notes under.
Horizon Forbidden West Update 1.13 Patch Notes
We are at present wanting into a number of points reported by the group. Please notice that these points are usually not but fastened on this patch, however our groups are conscious of them and so they’re being investigated.
- The staff continues to make tweaks to the game’s content material with the objective to scale back visible shimmering.
- Players have reported a problem in Handa’s Contract “Ancient Relics”, where the mission development can be caught on “2/3 Gather Ancient Relics”, or “Go to the Northern Ancient Machine Site” if the participant leaves the world.
- Outfits might look like lined by darkish shadows in stock.
Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed a problem with Main Quest “Reach for the Stars” where development didn’t update after restarting the “Clear the rubble with the pullcaster” goal.
- Fixed a problem with Main Quest “To the Brink” where Belna would generally not spawn after goal “Clear the Daunt: Kill the Machines”.
- Fixed a problem with Main Quest “Death’s Door” where development is blocked after utilizing a “Leaplasher Spark Coil” in an improve earlier than the “Gather Resources for the Igniter” goal is lively.
- Fixed a number of points with Main Quest “Singularity” where sudden character habits may result in development blockers.
- Fixed a problem with Side Quest “The Bristlebacks” where development didn’t update after inspecting the Bristleback carcass previous to speaking to the Carja Magistrate.
- Fixed a problem with Side Quest “The Bristlebacks” where development is perhaps blocked as a consequence of goal “Kill the Bristlebacks” not updating within the mine.
- Fixed a problem with Side Quest “Drowned Hopes” where the development is blocked if utilizing an alternate path to get to the pryable rocks.
- Fixed a problem with Side Quest “Lofty Ambitions” where the Stormbird may get caught within the terrain, blocking development.
- Fixed a problem with Side Quest “Lofty Ambitions” where the service provider Abadund won’t have his immediate after quest completion.
- Fixed a problem with Side Quest “Signal Spike” where development didn’t update as a consequence of interacting with NPCs in Side Quest “The Wound in the Sand”.
- Fixed a problem with Side Quest “Signal Spike” where Aloy can get caught underwater in the course of the “Go to the Source of the Signal” goal.
- Fixed a problem with Side Quest “A Soldier’s March” where goal “Scan for Penttoh’s Tracks” won’t set off if gamers arrive on a Sunwing close by marker for goal “Climb the Mountain”.
- Fixed a problem with Side Quest “A Soldier’s March” where goal “Kill the Frostclaw” wouldn’t update and block development.
- Fixed a number of points with Side Quest “The Blood Choke” where Atekka would get caught or disappear.
- Fixed a number of points with Side Quest “In the Fog” where development didn’t update after killing the Clawstrider.
- Fixed a problem with Side Quest “In the Fog” where development didn’t update after following Garokkah to the Memorial with alerted machines.
- Fixed a problem with Side Quest “Forbidden Legacy” where development didn’t update as a consequence of Alva being unresponsive on the ”Follow Alva to the Atbay Headquarters” goal.
- Fixed a problem with Side Quest “Forbidden Legacy” where a spot between two buildings was blocking development.
- Fixed a problem in Cauldron IOTA where the target “Override the Tallneck” wouldn’t update on completion.
- Fixed a problem in Cauldron CHI where overridden machines would act hostile in direction of Aloy.
- Fixed a problem in Contracts “Property Retrieval” where development was blocked upon reloading the exercise with all Relics discovered.
- Fixed a problem in Contracts “Alarm Antennas” where the target wouldn’t update if Aloy has three Antennas earlier than finishing the “Gather Scrounger Alarm Antennas” goal.
- Fixed a problem in Contracts “Rollerback Salvage” where an extra Shellsnapper may spawn.
- Fixed a problem in Rebel Camp “Breached Rock” where development is blocked when killing Rebel chief earlier than goal “Enter the Bunker” is full.
- Fixed a problem in Melee Pits where NPCs would put on the incorrect armor.
- Fixed a problem where Aloy may get caught close to the doorway of Arrowhand.
- Fixed a problem in Black Box: Isle of Spires where the sign will stay lively after choosing up the field.
- Fixed a problem in Signal Tower where some gamers had a problem choosing up Signal Lens.
- Fixed a problem where loading a save with beforehand tracked objects as jobs may result in a crash.
- Fixed a problem where the Tideripper may get its Water Hose Sweep assault interrupted.
- Fixed a problem where machines wouldn’t react to a useless ally.
- Added Apex Grimhorn spawn factors exterior of missions.
- Fixed icons for a number of Coils and Weaves.
- Fixed extra Metal Flowers icons remaining on the map.
- Fixed Silent Strikes being counted twice within the Combat Statistics menu.
- Fixed a number of seams on the World Map.
Performance and Stability
- Multiple streaming fixes in game and in cinematic.
- Multiple crash fixes.
- Fixed a problem where Aloy’s shadow is perhaps dimmed when melee attacking or utilizing her Focus.
- Fixed a problem where “Fiberzest” and “Vigorstem” cannot be obtained after the pouch is full.
- Fixed a number of places where “Install Vine Cutter Module” Icons weren’t showing.
- Multiple audio fixes and enhancements.
- Multiple fixes to Aloy’s animations.
- Multiple localization and subtitles fixes and enhancements.
- Multiple fixes to controls
- Multiple fixes and enhancements to physique and facial animations in cinematics.