Google Hangouts cellular customers will quickly start to see an in-app display that requests they move to the Chat in Gmail or the Chat app. Those who favor the Hangouts Chrome extension will see the same immediate to undertake the Chat on the net or to put in the Chat net app. Those who use Hangouts in Gmail on the net will routinely be upgraded to Chat in July 2022. This transition has already occurred to Enterprise prospects.
Hangouts on the net will proceed to be out there till November 2022 to offer customers loads of time to regulate and save their information. Most Hangouts conversations ought to naturally transition to Chat. However, those that need to be sure they’ve their Hangouts information can achieve this by utilizing Google Takeout.
These are the instructions one ought to comply with ought to they need to back-up their information:
- Go to Google Takeout and sign-in together with your chosen account.
- Select Hangouts and deselect the remaining. Click on “Next Step.”
- Choose how typically you need to download the backup underneath “Delivery Method.” Google recommends choosing one-time download.
- Choose the file kind and click on on “Export.”
- You will obtain an e mail as soon as the method is full and may download the file.
Google Chat was initially solely out there for Google Workspace prospects when it was launched in 2017. However, Google introduced in July 2020 that each one customers may migrate from Hangouts to Chats totally free beginning in early 2021. According to Google, “Chat offers a modern and integrated experience in Google Workspace.” Users can edit Docs, Slides, or Sheets side-by-side with Chat and simply use Chat alongside one’s Gmail inbox, Spaces, or Meet. Google argues that, “Moving to Google Chat opens up new and better ways to connect and collaborate.” Their future plans embrace the power to instantly name somebody, share and consider a number of photographs, and in-line threading in Spaces.
Images courtesy of Google