Upon meeting the Exo Frame in Destiny 2, Guardians are met with a selection of new gear. With the Rasputin storyline approaching an epic conclusion, the time has come for the Guardians to acquire some special equipment. This comes in the form of Infiltrator Gear, specialized covert ops equipment that will impact your gameplay. The Exo Fame offers three different sets: Extreme Ordnance, Tactical Armor, and Security Clearance. However, we can only start off with one to get the action moving during the Season of the Seraph.
Which Infiltrator Gear to Choose First in Destiny 2
The first Infiltrator Gear that you should obtain in Destiny 2 is Security Clearance. This essentially grants you full access to the terminals withholding locked doors, allowing you to explore other zones. The locked areas in “Operation: Seraph’s Shield” come to mind, with new gear hiding behind the enclosed pathways. The other two upgrades provide either a damage bonus or a reduction that you can acquire later on.
Gear from Exo Frame
Speaking with the Exo Frame will provide you with the three options for the new Infiltrator Gear. He declares that the Traveler’s gifts aren’t up to par, thus opening a window for some upgrades. As aforementioned, you start with one set of gear, and the choice is entirely up to you.
Here are the three different kinds of Infiltrator Gear from the Exo Frame:
- Extreme Ordnance – Allows the spawning of a power-up that refreshes all abilities and grants a damage bonus against Deathtongue Choristers in Heist Battlegrounds and Sentinel Servitors in the mission “Operation: Seraph’s Shield.”
- Tactical Armor – Allows the bypassing of traps and reduces damage taken from traps and laser barriers in Heist Battlegrounds and the mission “Operation: Seraph’s Shield.”
- Security Clearance – Allows interaction with terminals to open locked doors in Heist Battlegrounds and in the mission “Operation: Seraph’s Shield.” Can be used to gain an additional PDT Refraction Core outside submind vaults.
Return to the Exo Frame on a weekly basis to accept the other two upgrades. Since they both supply the Guardians with certain perks, kicking things off with Security Clearance will grant you new loot to scoop. Without it, you won’t be able to fully delve into the above-mentioned Heist Battlegrounds and mission. Regardless, be sure to visit the Exo Frame to complete this initial package of Infiltrator Gear.
Looking for more Destiny 2 guides? Check out these tips for more information:
- Electric Flavor | How to Get
- Revision Zero | How to Get
- Spider Location | Where to Find