Square Enix revealed its full Tokyo Game Show 2022 lineup, which incorporates the extremely anticipated Final Fantasy XVI and Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth.
Today, the Japanese writer opened its official Tokyo Game Show 2022 web site, confirming which titles can be out there on the show ground for attendees to check out and which of them can be showcased in another way. The two entries within the long-running JRPG sequence can be playable, however the Mega Theater classification probably hints at new trailers getting proven throughout the occasion.
Square Enix’s Tokyo Game Show 2022 full lineup is as follows:
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion (PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC)
- The DioField Chronicle (PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC)
- Dragon Quest X Offline (PS5, PS4, Switch, PC)
- Dragon Quest X Online (PS4, Switch, Wii U, 3DS, PC)
- Dragon Quest Treasures (Switch)
- Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai: A Hero’s Bonds (iOS, Android)
- Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai: Xross Blade (Arcade)
- Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis (iOS, Android)
- Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (PS5)
- Final Fantasy XIV (PS5, PS4, PC)
- Final Fantasy XVI (PS5)
- Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius (iOS, Android)
- Forspoken (PS5, PC)
- HARVESTELLA (Switch, PC)
- Imperial SaGa Eclipse (PC, iOS, Android)
- Infinity Strash – Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai (TBA)
- NieR: Automata End of YoRHa Edition (Switch)
- PowerWash Simulator (Xbox Series, Xbox One, PC)
- Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song Remastered (PS5, PS4, Switch, PC, iOS, Android)
- Romancing Saga Re;univerSe (iOS, Android)
- Star Ocean: The Divine Force (PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Tactics Ogre: Reborn (PS5, PS4, Switch, PC)
- Valkyrie Elysium (PS5, PS4, PC)
- War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius (iOS, Android)
Unlike its predecessor, Final Fantasy XVI is not going to be an open-world game. Speaking with Famitsu again in July, game producer Naoki Yoshida revealed he needed to make the subsequent entry within the sequence a movie-like expertise, and trying to attain this with an open-world game would have taken a very long time:
I desire a story of a hero who saves the world, as a result of that is Final Fantasy. I desire a summon to go wild and destroy the map. I need to launch this game as quickly as attainable. I can not launch this game in elements. When contemplating these 4 details, I imagine it’s virtually unattainable to ask for every little thing. If we had a growth interval of about 15 years, we could have had the chance of difficult ourselves with an open world. After all, it’s nearly unattainable by way of time and value to create a world story inside an open world.
Final Fantasy XVI launches on PlayStation 5 throughout Summer 2023. Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth will launch on PlayStation 5 once more throughout Winter 2023. We will maintain you up to date on each video games as quickly as extra are available in on it, so keep tuned for all the most recent information.