Developer CD Project Red today released a series of latest updates aimed at improving the performance of Cyberpunk 2077. Patch 1.21 is now available on console, PC, and Stadia, improving game stability and fixing many crashed bugs. The latter is certainly the most extensive according to the patch notes, with quests including Getting Warmer (Gig), Discount Doc (Cyberpsycho Sighting), Down on the Street (main quest), Bloody Ritual (Cyberpsycho Sighting), Play it Safe, and many more updated with new fixes that prevent any issues rendering them incompletable for those who had previously experienced issues.
- Fixed an issue where, after the player commits a crime on the roof of a building, NCPD officers would spawn behind the player’s back.
- Fixed an issue preventing the player from climbing ladders out of water.
- Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs’ clothes.
- Added back the icon above NPCs, who are under the Distract Enemies quickhack effect.
- Scanning UI is now less cluttered.
- Fixed an issue where Japanese/Traditional Chinese text could disappear if the player changed the interface language from English to one of these languages.
Stability and performance
- Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes).
- Players should now be able to select stickers in Photo Mode using the Circle button in the Japanese version of the game on PlayStation 4.
- Fixed some graphical issues on a bridge in Mikoshi in Belly Of The Beast/Changes