Like those in The Witcher 3, the ending of Cyberpunk 2077 has the game’s main story to end in a number of possible ways. At a critical moment, depending on the alliance you have established in the game, there are multiple options to choose from. The more alliances you create, the more will be available to you.
The good news is that there is technically no place for the return, and if you want to unlock and replay another game, the game will reset to that key option. This means that aside from the secret ending of Cyberpunk 2077, no ending can be missed, useful if you want 100% Cyberpunk 2077 achievements or trophies.
There are technically six endings in Cyberpunk 2077:
- One main ending path and one ‘bonus’ short ending which have no prior requirements
- Two ‘regular’ ending paths with requires completing certain side-quests to access, with one of these ending paths having two outcomes
- One ‘secret’ ending which has some specific requirements
All of these (except the secret ending) are not to be missed. In the Nocturne Op55N1 mission, the game takes you back to the point where you where you can attempt the others.
During the Nocturne Op55N1 mission, Johnny offers you a variety of options. At this point, the story will branch out into one of the final paths, locking you in several missions until the conclusion. To unlock the other two “regular” endings in “Cyberpunk 2077”, you must complete an optional quest line involving Panam and Johnny / Rogue. Doing so will add two additional options.
- “Think trusting Arasaka’s risky but worth it.” – This is the default choice available. Completing this will unlock ‘The Devil’ Trophy / Achievement.
- “Gonna ask Panam for help.” This is unlocked by completing Panam’s side-quest chain, starting with Lightning Breaks and ending in Queen of the Highway (this is the same as Panam’s romance questline). Within this are two ending outcomes.
- During the choice with Alt Cunningham, opt for “Wanna live out whatever life I got left.” Completing this will unlock ‘The Star’ Trophy / Achievement.
- During the choice with Alt Cunningham, opt for “Body’s Johnny’s. I’ll go.” Completing this will unlock the ‘Temperance’ Trophy / Achievement.
- “Think you and Rogue should go.” This is unlocked by completing Johnny and Rogue’s questline (which overlap with finding some of Johnny Silverhand’s items) starting with Tapeworm and ending in Blistering Love. Completing this will unlock ‘The Sun’ Trophy / Achievement.
Note that with the exception of the “Panam for help” variant, there will only be minor changes to each end depending on the dialogue choices you make in the dialogue and the romantic choices that appear at the end. Once you have finished any particular ending, you will return to the Nocturne Op55N1 mission in the story.
This will allow you to explore the other two paths, or unlock your requirements in the open world, or do anything else that you have not yet solved. In other words, for security and just in case, it’s worth saving it here manually to return back to it.
How to unlock the secret ending in Cyberpunk 2077
In addition to the core ending above, there is another secret ending, based on your relationship with Johnny Silverhand. Ultimately, once these requirements are met, you have to choose the option “ I think you should go with the rogue ”. Then before making this choice, you will get several other options (this is where you choose the bonus ending).
At this point, just wait here for these dialogue options for about 5 minutes without pressing any buttons until Johnny Silverhand starts speaking, giving you a unique ending called Don’t Fear the Reaper.
In the weeks following launch, the community worked out the exact requirements for the secret ending. Despite the initial theory, this is not based on your relationship with Johnny Silverhand, but on a specific reaction during one of Johnny’s definitive game missions, Chippin In.
How to unlock the bonus ending in Cyberpunk 2077
In addition to all the above ending, there is an additional ‘bonus’ ending that can be unlocked without any prerequisites. To choose Nocturne Op55N1, unlock it before making a decision. Then you need to confirm that the selection is locked in the final path.
However, there are other options here: you can either go back and make a decision again (“Hang on. Need a minute”), or no other option at all. After all (“Could also just put all this to rest”). It’s this ‘put all this to rest’ option you need to choose.
After that, opt for the choice “[Toss pills] I know. Exactly what we’re gonna do.”
Unlike other paths, this will end the game here, and then actually allow you to have a short, unique scene with Johnny before credits roll, and then go back to the Nocturne Op55N1 pick.