After weeks of rumors and leaks, DICE and EA finally announced their latest game “Battlefield 2042”. The seventh major work of the Battlefield series takes place in the next few decades, with advanced technology and a tense global pattern. A five-minute game trailer from June 9th, which outlines the premise of Battlefield 2042. Fans were a little confused at first, because the broadcast started this morning and counted down randomly for an hour. However, those who waited are rewarded for their patience with the announcements and trailers of Battlefield 2042.
As the leak implies, this game takes place in the near future, and the United States and Russia are the only remaining superpowers. The “stateless soldiers” who were forced to choose one side in a global conflict are gone forever and are not loyal to their country of origin. The trailer shows many weapons from the previous “Battlefield” game, but the addition of new drones and technology makes the design futuristic. In addition, this time there will be no main battle, but DICE will focus entirely on classic battlefield multiplayer games.
- The max player count has been doubled to 128 on PC and the new consoles
- Classes (engineer, assault, support, etc) are now categories that contain specialists.
- Gadgets: A grappling hook, a health/revive gun, an auto-turret, a movement sensor
- 10 specialists at launch
- Four seasons and four new specialists every year
- Post-launch maps will be free
- No battle royale, but there are some mystery modes
- No singleplayer campaign
- Release date: October 22, 2021
- PC stores: Steam, Epic Games Store, Origin
- Gameplay trailer reveal: Sunday, June 13
Till now, DICE has revealed four specialists. Here’s who they are and what they do:
Wikus “Casper” Van Daele
Birthplace: South Africa
Specialty: OV-P Recon Drone
Trait: Movement Sensor
Specialty: Grappling Hook
Trait: Nimble (he moves fast)
Specialty: S21 Syrette Pistol
Trait: Combat Surgeon
Pyotr “Boris” Guskovsky
Specialty: SG-36 Sentry Gun
Trait: Sentry Operator
Setting and maps
Here are the seven All-Out Warfare maps that’ll be at launch:
- Kaleidoscope: Set in Sogdo, South Korea. Forces here will clash to control a quantum powered disinformation hub after an attack threatens the global network.
- Manifest: Set in Brani Island, Singapore. Players will see a strategic flashpoint emerge as global trade chokes this location which is vital for the American supply lines.
- Orbital: Set in Kourou, French Guiana. The battle here is over a rocket launch site as a controversial space launch becomes a race against time.
- Discarded: Set in Alang, India. Here you see shipbreakers facing tidal extremes as factions fight to secure rogue nuclear assets.
- Renewal: Set in the Eastern Desert, Egypt. Players will fight for a groundbreaking agriculture technology centre in the Egyptian Desert.
- Hourglass: Set in Doha, Qatar. Shifting sands and a lost shipping convoy tear a city center apart.
- Breakaway: Set in Queen Maud Land, Antarctica. Struggle over oil and gas that pushes soldiers to the brink as an industry clashes with nature and ice gives way