In NBA 2K23, players can expect to see a lot more of the WNBA. With the rapid evolution of the league, 2K has introduced tons of new content for the upcoming sports title. Including playable versions of the WNBA All-Star Game, the Commissioner’s Cup, community challenges and up to 60 different styles of WNBA Jerseys.
In this guide, we will break down all of the new features in NBA 2K23’s The W.
All New Features in NBA 2K23’s The W
The WNBA is growing every day, as a result, NBA 2K23 is set to feature more WNBA content than ever before. Helping to deepen the connection with some of the league’s superstars and further evolve the game. In the latest Courtside Report, the developers highlighted some key areas in which The W will be expanding in NBA 2K23.
Related: All MyPlayer Badges Retired Ahead of NBA 2K23
Without further ado, here’s a list of all the new features in NBA 2K23’s The W;
- The W Rewards – New rewards and exclusive content has been added to The W in the form of WNBA Jerseys, Logos, historic gear and Coach MyTeam cards. All of which can be used in The City, but can only be obtained through The W.
- WNBA Jerseys – Speaking of jerseys, NBA 2K23 will feature more high-end brands and valuable cosmetics than ever before, including WNBA Jerseys. In fact, there’s set to be a whopping 60 WNBA player jerseys spanning multiple seasons.
- Community Goals – Also new to The W Online is the idea of community progression. Every Season will feature six weekly goals the community will need to work together to reach. If the community is successful, then every NBA 2K23 player will receive a reward. Although, the reward you receive will be based on your contribution level, so, it’s you’ll still need to carry your own weight in challenges.
- Game Changers – Not only will there be community goals, but smaller personal goals every week as well. For those who are able to achive the community goal, they will receive a Game Changer status. These players will be granted access to exclusive rewards in The W Online, including Team Takeover Boosts and the ability to imbue other players with Player Boosts.
- Contact Challenges – As you progress through The W and gain contacts, new challenges will emerge. Each of which will have you circling certain games on your calender, teaming up with new players in Contact Workouts, aiming for season-long stat goals and improving your game in new ways. The challenges will get progressively harder and completing them will earn you Player Boosts and Historic Contacts.
- All-Star and Commissioner’s Cup – Another new addition to NBA 2K23’s The W is the ability for players to make an All-Star team and participate in the All-Star Game. There’s also a chance to compete in the Commissioner’s Cup, which is a mid-season tournament that was implemented in the WNBA last year, offering a potential preview of what the WNBA Finals matchup could look like in the coming months.
- League Expansion – Finally, NBA 2K23 has introduced the idea of league expansion in The W. After you’ve progressed to the maximum level 10 in League Popularity, you will unlock 2 Expansion Team slots. From here, you can control how the league expans by picking the city, building the arena, creating a logo and designing the uniforms.
That’s everything you need to know about all of the new features in NBA 2K23’s The W. If you’re interested in more NBA 2K23 content, be sure to check out our guides section here at Gamer Journalist. Where you can find information like how to customize your dunking or all Michael Jordan Challenges in NBA 2K23 explained.